A home warranty plans help to protect your investment and provides a peace of mind. When a homeowner finishes buying a home, the last thing you want to worry about is the malfunction that may occur in the new home.
For you to have the peace of mind, it’s better that you get a home protection plan that will help cover all the items in your new home. Moreover, a home warranty is a better idea for first-time homeowners who have no prior experience in maintaining a home.
Keep reading to learn more about home warranties, how to make a claim, cost, and what is/isn’t covered.
How does a home warranty work?
Home warranties are protection plans designed to help with the repair cost associated with most of the appliances in a home. These warranties are customized to fit all the needs of your home and match the budget.
In general, home warranties provide coverage to systems such as heaters, conditioners, plumbing, dishwashers, ovens among other home appliances.
Whenever a breakdown occurs to any of the items covered in the protection plan, the home warranty company repairs or replaces the item.
How much does a home warranty cost?
A home warranty is inexpensive and on average, they may cost between $300 and $600 per year. This, however, depends on the coverage.
Sometimes the home warranty company may offer discounts and promotional offers reducing the cost of coverage. The warranty can be renewed monthly or annually depending on the homeowner choice.
What is covered in a home warranty protection
Most home warranties protection plans provide a coverage for electric air conditioning, heaters, electrical systems, furnaces, doorbells, dishwashers, telephone wiring, kitchen appliances and more. However, since the home warranty companies provide a plan, it’s better you check for a plan that meets your needs and its within your budget.
What is not covered by a home warranty protection plan
It all depends on the home warranty plan you choose. But it’s better to know that most home warranty companies do not cover damage that results from the following:
- poor maintenance
- pre-existing issues
- poor installation of gadgets or code violations.
These are some of the issues that frustrate the buyers when closing as the company may fail to make the payment.
Types of home warranty coverage
There are different plans available which can be made available to you by your real estate agents. If you need to upgrade to premium covers, you can always contact the insurance company and ask for more details.
other valuable readings:
Most home sellers and real estate agents usually provide home warranty plans as an incentive to the buyer. Thus it is better to pay close attention to whether certain warranties provided by a company will pay for repairs of upgrades made on the home appliances.
If you are buying or selling a home, a warranty protection plan will be the best option to protect your money. For buyers, it will protect you from unexpected repairs that may occur after closing. For sellers, a warranty will protect for any breakdown that may occur while your home property is on the listing.
Did you find our blog on home warranties helpful for personal financing? Feel free to share on Twitter or Facebook
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- Ready in 5 minutes, cook delicious breakfast sandwiches in the comfort of your own home
- Use your own fresh ingredients, including eggs, cheese and much more
- Make sandwiches with English muffins, biscuits, small bagels and more
- Indoor Grill that delivers Outdoor Grill Results
- High Heat Searing Capability. Dimensions : 6.81 H x 16.73 W x 12.4 D inches
- Adjustable Temperature Control
- Hot & ready to eat in about 5 minutes; makes 6 wedges
- Nonstick surface wipes clean
- Satisfy your appetite for restaurant quality right at home
- Large family size non-stick griddle
- Coffee maker brews up to 4-cups of coffee at a time
- Toasts up to 4-slices of bread at a time. Includes 30 minute timer with automatic shutoff
- Food steamer for vegetables, meat, fish, and poultry
- Steaming retains nutrients and eliminates the need for cooking oils
- Double-tiered design allows you to separate and simultaneously cook 2 types of food
Last update on 2018-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API