Fortunately, there are some easy steps that you can take to improve the look of your home without having to spend a lot of money. Many of these projects can be completed on your day off or in an evening after work.
Add New Doors Throughout the House
A new front door can make your house look almost brand new from the outside. Changing out bedroom or basement doors for new ones provides your interior with a fresh take that may better reflect your style. If you don’t want to replace your doors, you can make them look new by staining or painting them.
Paint the Interior or Exterior
One or two coats of paint interior or exterior walls can transform your home’s look in a matter of hours. New paint may also protect walls from mold or make them easier to clean. Painting the outside of your home may protect siding from sun, wind or pest damage. In some cases, it may also help the house blend in better with other homes in the area.
Painting can be one thing that might end up being cheaper if you hire a professional than try to do it on your own, especially for the exterior. Properly cleaning and priming a surface before painting it is important, and not doing it right can add to the time and money that you spend on the project. Working with someone like APC Services of New England or a similar painter can be a cheaper and quicker option than DIY.
Add New Finishes to Cabinets or Drawers
Putting a new knob on a cabinet door or on a kitchen drawer is an easy way to make your kitchen look new. Adding a white or black liner on cabinet shelves or inside a drawer may also make them look newer without having to make any drastic changes. If you think that your counters look ugly, you can cover them with large cutting boards or with large dish towels.
Rip Up the Carpet
Hardwood floors look good in any home. Tearing up existing carpets in favor of natural wood can improve the look and feel of a property and possibly increase its value. If you are concerned about kids or pets getting hurt on a wood floor, you can cover them with area rugs. You may also want to pull up any nails or sand the floors to create a smoother finish that everyone can walk on safely.
A house really doesn’t become a home until you put your own touches on it. If you don’t have a lot of money to spend on a remodel, making small changes that have a drastic impact on a home’s look can help you get the most for your dollar. In some cases, these small tweaks have the greatest return on investment when it comes time to sell the property.
- MODERN: Functional & elegant, These Matte Black pulls suitable for different styles of cabinets, wardrobe, chest and cupboard.EURO-STYLE: The cabinets...
- Risk-free 100 Days trail:We're confident you 'll love your Ravinte handles,So we give you 100 days to try it on us or pick it up and give you a full...
- DURABLE & STRONG: 30 bar pulls made of stainless steel finished with classic matte black coordinates well with other appliances and accessoriess.
- MATERIAL:15 Pack cabinet handles Made of High-precision Quality Stainless Steel with beautiful looking brusehed nickel finished, durable and strong,...
- MEASUREMENTS:3-3/4in Center to Center with 6in Overall Length Diameter:12mm(1/2in),Height:32mm(1-1/4in)
- TWO SIZES SCREWS--- We offer 1" and 1.57" screws that help you to fit different thickness of the furniture.Please contact us if you need other size of...
- 100% Solid Steel Material (Heavyweight)
- 4X SCREWS per handle, US Standard #8-32 (NOT METRIC) / 2x 1" and 2x 1-3/4" (for drawers)
- Brushed Satin Nickel Finish
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.