By Alex Levin
These tips will help you avoid stress, save money and create a bathroom that you’ll love.
1. Take the time to layout your remodeling project before you begin. It is important to determine the design of the bathroom beforehand because placement and spacing are critical issues which are very difficult to correct. By properly designing your bathroom you can ensure that it is functional and takes full advantage of the space available. With appropriate planning even a small area can be remodeled effectively to create a bathroom that you are satisfied with.
2. Small changes can make a bigger difference than you might expect. Not every aspect of a remodeling project has to be a major construction project. One of the easiest ways to drastically alter the appearance of a bathroom is by changing the lighting. A well lit room will appear cleaner and larger. Updating the paint or wallpaper is another relatively simple aesthetic change that will have an impact on the perceived modernity of a room. Linens and other small items can also help to provide a stylish accent, but should be implemented sparingly to avoid a cluttered appearance.
3. Although ventilation does not effect styling, it is critical for the long term health of your bathroom. Mold and mildew are silent enemies of every bathroom and feed off any moisture. Naturally bathrooms are a moist place, but an efficient ventilation system will protect them and your remodeling investment.
4. Although many homeowners are proud of their do-it-yourself abilities, it is important to get help when needed. You can save a few bucks by doing the simple things, but a remodeling project needs professional assistance to be properly done. Making mistakes can be costly, frustrating and time consuming. An experienced professional will ensure that your bathroom is remodeled correctly, safely and on time.
5. There are many ways to make a small room seem larger. If you have limited space to work with, mirrors are a great way to reflect space and trick the human eye. Good lighting, bright walls and light colored flooring will all add to the illusion that a room is bigger than it actually is.
6. Once your remodeling project is complete, your focus should be on maintenance. Clean regularly and prevent mold from growing. This will keep your bathroom in good condition and help to protect your remodeling investment.
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.