Attract advertisers to your online business.
That presence, however, may not be enough to keep your enterprise afloat especially if you lack advertisers that are willing to support your small business. Quality advertisers can enhance your site, demonstrating to your readers that you enjoy respectable backing with the financial support you need.
Read on for some tips on how to attract quality, paying advertisers to your site:
1. Design a media kit. Potential advertisers want information about your website, something you can provide to them in the form of media kit. That kit can be strictly online containing files and documents outlining your web traffic, audience demographics, advertising rates and contact information.
2. Create an “advertise” page. On your site’s navigation bar is information about your website including links to your home, about, contact and other pages. Create a new page and title it advertise. Offer links to your media kit or if your site is quite small, then post your advertising information right on this page. Make sure that advertisers have an easy way to contact you either through a contact form, an email address or a phone number.
3. Contact companies directly. What companies might be interested in advertising on your website? That’s easy — check your competitors’ sites to see what companies are advertising there. If you serve a primarily local audience, then contact nearby retailers related to your business theme to pitch your business. For example, if you operate an automotive website, then car dealers, auto parts stores and repair shops are natural customers.
4. Review your data analytics. You may find that people are already arriving on your site from potential advertiser websites. Study your website’s analytics — if you aren’t accumulating this data, then sign up with Google Analytics to begin tracking this information. Soon, you’ll find each referring source, giving you several leads to pursue for advertising. Make a copy of your report to show advertisers information about your site’s visitors.
You can also post a blank “advertise here” banner ad or text ad to attract advertisers. However, this can backfire as it tells everyone loud and clear that you lack advertisers. Better to give the appearance of a busy site then one that isn’t funded (yet) by cash-paying advertisers. Also, be ready to negotiate your prices. Your media kit prices should be negotiable, giving advertisers room to seal a deal with your small business.
- Evaldo Albuquerque
- Publisher: Independently published
- Paperback: 91 pages
- Perry Marshall
- Entrepreneur Press
- Kindle Edition
- Get Digital World (02/07/2020)
- DVD, Unrated (Not Rated)
- Running time: 55 minutes
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.