These reports can also include negative and potentially damaging information such as an eviction from a property you once rented. An eviction typically takes place after the tenant falls several months behind on his rent and the landlord, property manager or lease management company takes action against you.
Fortunately, mostly anything that is on your credit report will eventually disappear. However, an old eviction judgment might stay on your credit record for many years, making it difficult for you to obtain new credit, find a job or otherwise demonstrate that you are a responsible citizen. Read on for information on how to clear an eviction from your credit reports.
Free Credit Reports
Consumers are entitled to one free copy of their three credit reports annually. Visit AnnualCreditReport.com to obtain copies of your credit reports from the three major credit reporting bureaus: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Each company reports its information differently, however because your eviction was a legal matter, this information may appear on all three reports.
|check your credit – tool set|
Information that is negative, but factually correct may stay on a credit report. However, information that is wrong or outdated can usually be challenged and expunged from your credit reports. An eviction notice may stay on your credit reports for as long as seven to 10 years.
Each company has its own way of handling disputes and you’ll have to dispute this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion separately. Visit each company’s FAQs page and follow its procedures for handling disputes. Be prepared to explain your situation including why the information should be removed. Provide copies of supporting documentation, if any, such as a legal decision that overrode the eviction.
|quick credit checkup – guide|
Experian, Equifax and TransUnion must respond to your query, usually within 30 days. If no response is received, the eviction notice may be removed from your records. However, if you recheck your reports and find that the information hasn’t been removed, then ask that each bureau complete its investigation.
Should a bureau finds that you have a valid case, the information will be removed. If a bureau finds that the eviction stands, then you will not be able to have it expunged from your credit reports(s). However, you can request that the bureau attach a note to explain your position.
Lastly, you can contact the person or company that issued the eviction to offer a settlement. If the landlord accepts your offer, then ask that Experian, Equifax and TransUnion be contacted to show that the debt has been paid in full. Once this process has been completed, then wait 30 days to obtain your updated, evicition notice free, consumer credit reports.
- 🎄 Flameless Candles with Timer - Once You Turn the Candles On, they will Lights up for 6 Hours, then they will Turn Off Automatically for 18...
- 🎄 Battery Operated Candles - 3V Lithium CR2032 Battery Included in each LED Candle, this Candle is Designed as 72 Hours' Lasting Time which...
- 🎄 Fake Candles with Dripping Wax Design - Makes it more Romantic, Realistic and ideal for Decorations, Such as Placed in the Votive Candle...
- SKULL SIZE: 2lbs of SOLID RESIN, 7in x 6in x 5in Hole diameter 2.5in Hole depth 4.5in NOT cheap hollow plastic! You get what you pay for!
- MULTI PURPOSE USE Perfect way to organize your makeup brush sets, stationary, pens, and even plants
- ORIGINAL UNIQUE DESIGN Hand cast and painted with custom scroll artwork and anti-wobble flat bottom design
Last update on 2020-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.