Not only will this be able to help you take advantage of what you invested in but you also maximize savings and help with the environment. It only takes a few small lifestyle changes. If you’re wondering about how you can start doing your bit to save more and make the most of your solar panels, then read on!
Here are the six easy and effective ways you can make the most with the solar panels in your home!
1: Using Appliances during Daytime
Solar panels focus on converting energy from sunlight into power to light up your home or for over electrical appliances. The power is generated best during sunny days. That is why it’s best to use your appliance during the day, while power is generated to use right away (and to save the remaining power generated for night time).
Use heavy appliances like dishwashers and washing machines during the day to avoid wasting too much power during the night and be left with no electricity until the morning comes! Take advantage of the sunny days.
2: Go for Timers
If you do not plan on using the appliances, then I recommend that you use a timer so all your electrical appliances and lights will automatically turn off at a certain time, typically when the sun begins to set. The reason why I recommend you to use timers is because many of us work throughout the day so we aren’t able to use the sunny hours to use our appliances. That’s why it’s best to use timers for turning your appliances off or to have them power up to clean your clothes or dishes while you’re out! Not only does this save on power but you also get to go home to clean clothes and dishes, less stress!
3: Remember To Unplug!
Did you know that even if you aren’t using your appliances, you still use up electricity? You’ll be surprised to know that you are using more electricity than you realize. So make sure that everything is switched off and unplugged before you leave for work or go to sleep. From your television, lamps, chargers, or other appliances, nothing should be on standby and fully turned off. Yes, it can be quite a hassle plugging and unplugging electrical appliances but they are a surefire way to avoid any safety hazards and to save on power.
4: Measure and Monitor the Way You Use Electricity
This is an important thing to do as well so you know you are utilizing only the electricity you need. To maximize your solar energy, stagger the way you use electricity and avoid using everything at the same time. You might end up using too much and not have anything saved come night time.
I also recommend that you use a system monitor so you are able to know how much energy you use and what you can do to lessen it if needed.
5: Hot Water from Solar Power
When you install solar immersion switches with your solar system, you’ll be able to use the excess electricity from the panels to power an immersion heater to have hot water! That means you’ll be utilizing all the energy generated as much as possible and helps you get your hot showers whenever you need it. Also, you’ll be able to control where the electricity should be focused on, particularly in appliances that require more energy than others.
6: Go for Low Energy Lighting
Another awesome way to help save energy to utilize it for other appliances is to invest in low-energy lighting. Since you’ll be using lights the most during the night, you’ll want to make sure that you save as much electricity as possible to avoid running out during unwanted times. You’ll not only reduce energy but save money on electricity bills as well, if you still receive them after installing your solar panels!
Wrapping It Up
And there you have it! Through just a few changes in what you do in the household, you’ll be able to make use of the solar panels you installed, getting your money back through maximum savings!
- ☀ SunPower Solar Cell: The SunPower cell is made from US, up to 23.5% efficiency, while most monocrystalline panels in the the market is 17%-19%, you will get greater power efficiency even though the panel is no larger than a traditional model
- ☀ Supior Durability: The water resistant semi-flexible solar SunPower panel is far more durable than traditional glass and aluminum models; The junction box is sealed and waterproof
- ☀ Bendable Panel: The plastic back sheet can be curved to a maximum 30 degree arc and mounted on an RV, boat, cabin, tent, car, trucks, trailers or any other irregular surface
- High Conversion Efficiency: 20W highest efficiency Sunpower solar panel and best for Iphone,Ipad,Battery,Powerbank,GPS,Camera while camping；
- Exclusive PowermaxIQ Technology: It can automatically Identify USB port of your device and release maximum current to your device depended on your device current limitation;
- Dual USB Output: With Dual USB ports and two groups of output (5V*2.1A and 5V*2.5A) option, marked on the conjunction box shell;Resolve most of the 5V input charging demand;
- NATURAL WHITE (NOT BLUISH) 2X15 LED HEAVY DUTY (Diameter 3.7in) spotlights. ___*Waterproof & Heatproof.
- WORKING from DUSK to DAWN if select suitable working mode even in WINTER in most areas of USA.
- SEPARATE HUGE 3W (10.7inX6.5in) Solar Panel to get FULLEST SUNSHINE exposure (CAN PUT the SPOTLIGHT even AT DARK PLACES). ___*Solar panel life span: 5 years. ___*LED life span: 50,000 hrs.
Last update on 2018-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API