It is therefore essential to act quickly to recover from a crash. For this reason, we are providing the five steps to take following a truck accident.
1: Call the Police Immediately
Call the police first thing following a truck accident, even if there is minor damage to a vehicle. The law requires all truck accidents to be reported as soon as possible; as they could be used as evidence during a criminal case. The police can also block the roadside to ensure no further collisions occur on the road.
2: Receive Medical Attention
Nothing is more important than your health. That is why you should receive medical attention following an accident, even if you show no signs of an injury. Some injuries can be delayed. So ensure you receive a thorough check-up from a medical practitioner. For example, internal bleeding can pose a risk to your health, which often shows no visible signs. A refusal of medical attention could also affect a future case. It could be difficult to prove a sustained injury was caused by the accident. If possible, inspect the scene to identify if any drivers, passengers or pedestrians who require emergency medical attention.
3: Speak to Witnesses
We recommend speaking to as many witnesses as possible if you are the victim of a truck accident. Ask for their names and contact information to ensure you can contact them for a criminal, insurance or compensation case.
4: File a Report with Your Insurer
You should file a report with your insurance company as soon as possible. Many policies have a notice period that you must adhere to that could affect your claim. Review your policy for more information. Remember to stick to the facts and don’t say too much to avoid damaging your case.
5: Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer
A truck accident can provide serious or fatal repercussions. You can receive justice for any accidents or injuries experienced due to a collision. Not only can a truck accident pose a risk to many lives, but a driver can also be held liable for any injuries sustained during the event. For this reason, they are required to follow strict regulations. If a driver has failed to adhere to the regulations, you could be entitled to more compensation.
If you or a family member experienced a serious injury, we recommend contacting a Los Angeles truck accident attorney to receive the compensation you rightly deserve. While no amount of money can make up for the loss or injury you have experienced, they can provide the justice and financial support you need to move on from the traumatic event.
Have you been involved in a truck accident? Feel free to share your experience or advice by writing a comment.
- Easily attach a GPS unit to your dash with the AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (suction mount for your GPS should be purchased separately)
- Weighted, anti-slip bottom ensures the GPS mount stays on the dash while driving
- Size allows the mount to work on most car dashboards
- Ships in Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
- Four-arm shape conforms to your dashboard
- Garmin ball mount easily attaches to your existing cradle
- Spring lock clamp holder will fit any 3-7 inch GPS and cell phones with unique Anti-slip Jello Block under the mount that will stick on to your...
- No tools required, easily attach a GPS / cell phone unit to your dash with APPS2Car Beanbag Mount, and five slots allows adjusting your device in...
- One of the Best Alternative GPS and cell phone Car Truck Mounting Solution for the California and other states where windshield mounts are NOT...
Last update on 2020-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.