These fields often offer great job prospects and are wide open to anyone with the proper qualifications. In this article, we’re going to cover four medical professions you’ve probably never thought of.
If this is your first time hearing about cardiac perfusionists, you’re not the only one. The job of a cardiac perfusionist is to assist doctors during open heart surgeries. One of the tasks required from a cardiac percussionist is to operate the blood pumping machines that provide blood flow to the patient while the heart is being operated on. Jobs in this field pay between $70,000 and $90,000 on average, and all you need is a bachelor’s degree and an accredited formation in cardiac perfusion to get started.
|view current job positions for cardiac perfusionist|
Clinical Social Worker
Clinical social workers are asked to work principally in healthcare facilities to assist patients struggling with a variety of personal issues such as addiction, mental illness or abuse. However, the job of clinical social worker isn’t confined solely to healthcare facilities, as clinical social workers might be required to work in private residences, offices, or with child protection services.
Job outlooks for clinical social workers are pretty good, with jobs expected to increase by 12% leading up to 2024. A master’s of social work degree is required in this field, with many institutions accepting online social work masters as well. However, if you’re thinking of getting a masters of social work online, make sure that it is accredited and accepted by most healthcare institutions in your area.
|view current job positions for clinical social worker|
The job of a dosimetrist is to perform radiation oncology on cancer patients. They will usually work as part of a team and will be in charge of designing and evaluating various radiation treatments. They will also have to work in close relation with patients, physicians and other members of their radiation oncology team. Dosimetrists usually work 40-hour weeks and salaries are between $81,000 and $112,000 on average.
|view current job positions for dosimetrists|
Yes, there is an actual medical field that is solely dedicated to dance therapy. If this is a personal interest of yours and you would like to help others in the process, then the job is perfect for you. However, even if you may think that this position isn’t as serious as others in the medical field, a master’s degree is still required and the program you join has to be accredited by the American Dance Therapy Association for it to be accepted. The average salary is also significantly lower than other master’s level medical professions, with salaries ranging from $38,000 to $47,000 on average.
As you can see, there are many more medical professions available to healthcare students than meets the eye. Next time you choose a major, don’t be afraid to venture off the beaten path and see what one of these exciting healthcare careers has to offer.
- Windows 10 Home; Intel® Celeron® N3350 processor; 14" display; 2GB memory; 32GB eMMC flash memory; Bluetooth; HDMI output; DVD/CD drive not included
- ❤LOTS OF SPACE & POCKETS: Approx. Dimensions: 15" x 8" x 22"(L*W*H); Capacity: 42L. One separate laptop compartment holds up to a 15.6-inch Laptop and IPad. One spacious packing compartment for daily necessities large enough for school books and binders. Front compartment with many pockets, pen pockets and key fob hook. Eight functional pockets make all of your gear secure and organized in its place.
- ❤USB PORT DESIGN: With a USB 3.0 charging port extended on the shoulder strap of the backpack and built-in charging cable inside, this USB backpack provides more convenience to charge your phone, tablet or laptop. Please noted that this backpack doesn't power itself; the USB charging port only offers easy access to charge your devices.
- ❤COMFY & STURDY: Comfortable airflow foam pad back design with thick but soft multi-panel ventilated breathable mesh padding gives you maximum back support. Breathable and adjustable shoulder straps relieve the stress on your shoulders and make you feel 20%-25% less weight. A comfortable and sturdy metal top handle ensures comfortable long carrying durations.
- Dimensions:18 x 11.5 x 6.5 inch Travel laptop backpack applies to computers up to 17 inches
- Large Capacity: This backpack has multiple storage compartments and features, which can be used as additional supplies and accessories for laptops, iPhone, iPad, pens, keys, wallets, books, clothes, bottles, passports, etc.
- USB access: You can charge your phone, tablet and other devices easily and conveniently without opening up the backpack.
Last update on 2018-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API