E-learning has slowly moved onto the educational scene over the last decade. With the growth of the internet, it has become possible for students to learn in new and innovative ways that bring academics right to their fingertips, in the comfort of their own home. One of the benefits of e-learning is that it is fun and engaging which makes it easier for the student to comprehend and excel with certain subjects. In 2016, there are ten e-learning trends to watch out for.
- Learning games. As we live in a day and age when kids spend more time in front of screens than ever, it shouldn’t be surprising that learning games are making a big splash. The successful gamma fur-cation of academics has made it possible for all types of subjects to be broached in the most engaging way possible for the modern generation.
- Data collection. Companies that focus on e-learning will be collecting more data in 2016 than ever before. Through various management systems, this will allow them to develop better curriculum for children of all ages.
- Wearable Technology. Wearable technology is the wave of the future. With the production of things like Google Glass, it is possible for individuals to learn in a whole new way. The device has the ability to read everything around them and present information in front of them. This means that something as simple as a nature hike can result in a dynamic learning experience where children are able to see and identify different species of plants and animals simply through their eyewear.
- Automated courses. For parents that home school their children, autonomous course creation may be a godsend. Instead of just using basic templates and online outlines for learning, parents will be able to create specialized courses automatically by compiling certain information into a program. The intelligence factor of the program will be able to understand the preferences of the individual who is learning and adapts the course accordingly.
- Responsive course design. If you have ever been frustrated with the way a course online is not capable of being accessed on different devices, then you’re in luck – this year responsive design is the focus of the e-learning community. This will allow for all programs to be assessable no matter what kind of device you are using.
- Self-directed learning. Users who prefer to go at their own pace will see more self-directed courses available as well.
- Cloud based programs. Cloud-based programs have created a new and affordable way for anyone to learn. With enhanced security measures, cloud-based programs will be more successful than ever this year.
Are You Enjoying This Piece?
- Mobile Learning. Very few educational programs have moved into the app development phase. Considering that mobile access to websites makes up for roughly 70% of overall traffic, it has become clear that education also needs to be mobile accessible.
- Personalized learning. Forget about the days of everyone learning the same. Technological advancements will allow for e-learning to cater to a wide variety of learning styles. This will make courses easier for all types of individuals, regardless of how they learn best.
- Video learning. Short videos have proven to be an effective way to help teach individuals. Therefore, it is no surprise that video learning will be on the rise this year.
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.