The changes in the algorithms of search engines and the advent of the age of information needed content to be more than just decent.
Content marketing has evolved!
The technical and the creative aspects of content marketing are no longer disconnected. If you want to grow in the field of content marketing, you have to get out of your cocoon of self-belief that just because you are a good writer or a creative person, the road ahead is clear for you. You have to need more skills than that.
In a research report by Fractl, it has been mentioned that around 51% of the employers nowadays look for candidates who possess both technical and creative skills. It is no longer just writing content, but the strategic marketing of valuable, informative and relevant content to the right audience. In content marketing, both technical and creative skills go hand-in-hand and if you do not understand the connection one has with the other, it will be difficult for you to understand the bigger picture associated with it.
Nowadays, organizations want content marketers to be not only able to provide them quality content but also market them. Following are some of the skills that employers look for in a content marketer:
|view current job positions for web content manager|
Have the ability to research – journalistic touch
The content that you provide should not only be great but also be authentic. For this, you should have good journalistic skills. Not the professional level; just enough to research well on the subject you write. Writing the perfect content for your audience is all about
- Understanding what the target audience wants and how you can get their attention.
- Having a clear knowledge about the product or service that you are marketing through your content.
- Knowing your brand’s content position in the market with respect to the competitors and how you can create content that will fill the gap.
The ability to research well enough to write contents that are interesting as well as engaging is a great skill that makes you an attractive resource for any organization.
Writing content that engages – a creative writer
Creativity is an important ingredient for a successful content marketer. Writing engaging content is not just about higher levels of writing skills. It is all about making an emotional connection with the audience. This requires creativity, which is something that depends on you and not on some college degree.
Can you write an exciting piece of content that people will share with others? If you have the skills to write creatively in addition to flawless grammar, you are the first choice of your future employer. Even a single word can make a huge different when it comes to content marketing.
Knowing how to sell that content – sense of marketing
As a content marketer, you must know how to sell your content. Your job is not over with just a piece of awesome content. If you cannot sell, then the purpose of writing that content is not justified. You should understand that a bigger part of your job lies in the marketing discipline. Sometimes it helps for you to be an expert in a certain industry as you will have deep expertise in the process of communicating with the audience.
Numbers tell a lot – analytics
There are many ways how analytics can improve your content. Numbers is never a strong area for content writers; however, as a content marketer, you will need to have skills with numbers. Analytics can tell you if your content has reached the expected audience, if the engagements are as it should be or if it is giving any positive return on investments (ROI). Numbers also help in strengthening the authenticity of your content. Readers find it more interesting and helpful when the content has been supplemented with right data.
A little bit of the technical side – code sense
If you go through the job descriptions on career portals, you will find that the companies are really willing to offer a high package to those who have the above skills.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Backed by the best of Microsoft, including Windows
- Designed for Windows 10 s
- Natural typing and trackpad experience
- 11.6" 1366 x 768 HD resolution. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
- MediaTek MT8173C Quad-Core Base Clock Speed 1.3 GHz, Maximum Boost Speed 2.16 GHz (4C, 2x A72 @ 2.1GHz + 2x A53 @ 1.7GHz)
- 4GB LPDDR3 SDRAM, 32 GB Integrated eMMC, No Optical Drive
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API