The hardest part about managing personal finances is resisting the instinct to spend more money than you have. It is tedious to keep track of every dollar spent every day. This lack of motivation to plan personal finances affects a lot of people around the world.
In the U.S. a survey done by the American Psychological Association revealed that 70% of people believe that their finances are not stable. Additionally, 75% believe that more money will make them happier.
The first step in sorting out your finances is to educate yourself. Most billionaires started out reading which was a key factor in their success. Elon Musk and Warren Buffet began their road to billions with seeking knowledge in books and they have not stopped reading.
The following are some books that will help you take control of your personal finances.
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
This is the best selling personal finance book in history so evidently, it has something valuable to offer. It has been around for twenty-one years now and last year an updated version was released to mark the book’s 20th birthday.
Robert Kiyosaki in the book offers up lessons on finance with memoirs attached to them. According to the author, debt is not necessarily bad and it is possible to work your way to wealth even without a 6 figure income. He uses childhood memories about his life with his not so wealthy father compared to his friend’s father who was one of the richest people in Hawaii.
You will learn how to best handle the money you do have and how you can impart these skills to your children.
Last years updated edition compares life twenty years ago and today, it is a thoroughly enjoyable and insightful read.
2. Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins
Anthony Robbins is undoubtedly one of the most recognizable authorities in business strategy, life coaching, and a guru. This book is a unique and timely follow up to Money: Master the Game.
The books offer specific steps that the reader can implement to maximize their personal finances while still protecting their investments. This business roadmap for investors is put forward in Robbin’s practical and common sense manner which his fans have come to enjoy and rely upon.
3. Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez
This book has been recommended for anyone looking to save more money. It is especially helpful for anyone considering early retirement to simplify their lives. The book covers saving, paying up debt and how anyone can be financially independent.
The basic strategies in the book, including a way to look at spending money on how long it takes to make that amount of money, are applicable to everyone seeking a better way to handle their money.
4. You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
This second book by Sincero is a follow up to the bestseller, You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting and Start living. With this book published in 2017, the author took a more financial approach than the first one. It is funny and candid and most readers will be able to recognize themselves and their habits through the author.
This second installment of You are Badass is meant to help the user get rid of bad financial habits and replace them with simple, easy to understand concepts to help the user control their money.
These authors have brilliant insights in these books that can inspire this and future generations on the road to success. The brilliance of these authors makes these personal finance books worth reading. The fact that most of them are based on relatable personal experiences proves that the methods in this books can work.
Grab a copy of any book on this list and start learning today. Also share this list with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Email or any other social media site. The advice in these books can help someone struggling with their personal finances. These books may be just what they needed to pull them out of their financial hole. For more books and resources click here.
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- Includes everything in Quicken starter Plus many more popular money management features
- Download transactions from retirement, loan & investment accounts automatically
- Create a 12 month budget with ability to customize goals month by month
- Amazon Exclusive: 15GB of extra Dropbox storage (20GB total) with 2 bonus months of Quicken (total of 14 months), backed by our 30-day money back...
- See your bank, credit card, investment & retirement accounts in one place
- Stay on top of bills & spending; categorize expenses to see exactly where your money goes
- Includes everything in Quicken premier Plus many more small business and rental property management features
- Easily categorize and separate personal & business expenses
- Track your business profit/loss, identify tax deductible expenses, and run schedule C & offers reports to make tax time easier
- Easiest and quickest software to take control of your money!
- Version 5.3
- Full Retail. No Subscription. No Additional Fees
- Save for a house or education expenses
- Take the next step toward your financial goals
Last update on 2020-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please give this article a rating and/or share it within your social networks.