But in reality, there are many variants of credit cards, and it may be worth exploring the right options to fit one’s needs. Yes you read it right – there are different types of credit cards aimed at different types of customers. Read on, and you will understand which card should you switch to next:
1. No fee card
If you are looking for the most basic credit card, with minimal fees, just to help you with your expenses until your next pay check arrives, then this is a good option. Unlike most credit cards, a no fee card has no annual fee or joining fee. However, banks need to make money out of the cards.
So, the flipside is these cards come with high interest rates in case you default (that is, not pay back your credit card bill within the given time period, normally 30 – 40 days from the date of issue of your monthly card statement).
These rates may vary around 20% and depends on the institution and the market you are operating. If you think you can manage your expenses and pay your bills in time and do not wish to pay an annual fee, this is the card for you.
2. Low fee card
Similar to the no fee card, a low fee card charges a bare minimum annual fee in return for a few privileges or shopping benefits to incentivize customers. Once again, interest rates in case of customer default is high – so steer clear if you think your expenses are mounting and you cannot repay in time
3. Low rate card
The third category, as the name suggests, charges lower rates (normally 5% – 10% lower) than the no fee card rates. If you feel you cannot manage your expenses, may default from time to time and desperately need a line of credit, then this is a better option than any other credit card.
Also, if you are transferring your credit card balance to a new card, this is the best option as the rates charged are the lowest among all credit card types. Just to take an example, if you owe $100 and have defaulted, then you may have to shell out $20 for a low fee card whereas a low rate card may charge you $10 – $15, thus helping you save $5 for every $100 of your card balance. If you struggling with your expenses, every penny counts!
Stay tuned for Part 2 coming soon!
- Protect Your Identity Data - Block RFID Readers from Scanning Your Credit cards, Debit cards, Banking Information, Smartcards, RFID driver's licenses and other RFID CardsCredit cards, Debit cards, Banking Information, Smartcards, RFID driver's licenses and other RFID Cards
- Rounded corners Wouldn't cause damage to your clothers. Weather and water resistant & Puncture and tear resistant
- Using High quality aluminum materials from top manufacturer. 7 Slots. Capacity for up to more than 9 credit cards
- Made from high quality genuine leather,durable and stylish
- Features 3 card slots on one side where you can put 1-2 cards into each card slot,and one type with an ID card window where you can put your IDs or driver license.
- RFID Blocking Wallet: Keeps your vital information Secure.BE SAFE and PROTECTED from Electronic Pick pocketing; Blocking all RFID scanners and readers
- MODELS: Stylish functional case securely fits for iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone 6 Plus, (NOT iPhone 6/6s), please confirm the models correct before placing an order
- Wrist strap included, easy to assemble and remove
- Stand feature for comfort viewing & secure magnetic closure to protect your phone
Last update on 2017-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API