Every business, big or small, has a goal of increasing profitability each year, but sometimes it can be difficult when you hit a plateau. One surefire way to increase profit is to increase your productivity.
While many businesses assume that they are as productive as they can be, they are often just idling and not working at their greatest potential. Need some help on increasing your productivity? Check out these tips:
Re-evaluate Your Time Management
Every now and then, it never hurts to look at the efficiency of workflow in your office. Even if you feel like you’re constantly busy and employees are always working hard, it doesn’t automatically mean that time is being used wisely or efficiently. Take a look at the time it takes for emails, social media, data entry, and other daily tasks. Try to make them more streamlined (without cutting quality) and avoid multi-tasking or expecting your employees to be multi-taskers.
Stop Trying to Do Everything Yourself
As a business owner, you have a vision of how you want your business run and as a result, you may have a hard time delegating tasks. While it’s understandable to want things done a certain way, don’t do it all yourself. You have employees for a reasons; let them do some of the work. If you have a good team of employees, you should be able to trust them and recognize their talents.
Value Your Employees
Most successful businesses would be nothing if it weren’t for the employees. If it seems like productivity at work has gone stale, take a look at employee morale. Do you verbalize gratitude and appreciation often? Does everyone seem stressed?
Employees will put in the time and effort if they feel appreciated. Additionally, they will work harder, be happier, and show loyalty for a company that values their safety and overall well-being. Do your employees know what to do if they are injured on the job or how to use safety equipment?
Regardless of the work environment, a factory or office, your employees need to know that their safety matters, otherwise they may not care enough to do good work.
If you want to see more productivity in the workplace, you may want to get rid of your “all work, no play” attitude. You don’t have to be the super fun boss to increase productivity, but you can encourage healthy breaks in the workplace, such as group yoga or walking. Maybe have a catered lunch or coffee cart once a month.
It’s also a good idea to ask for feedback and be open to suggestions. You may be the mastermind behind the business, but your employees may have some good ideas as well. If you’re going to spend your life working, you may as well enjoy it and appreciate the people who help you along the way.
- Academic daily appointment book features 12 month date range from July - June. Ideal for teachers and professionals. One day per page spread is easy to follow with ruled blocks.
- Quarter-hourly appointment times are listed for planning in 15 minute blocks. Times run 7:00 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. On weekdays and from 7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. On Saturdays. Sundays are untimed.
- Special pages included. Premium paper resists ink bleed and contains 30% post-consumer waste recycled material. Planner is wire bound with black covers. 4-7/8" x 8" page size.
- 2018 Mom's do it all magnetic wall calendar spans August 2017 through December 2018; measures 12 x 25.75 inches when opened
- 17-Month calendar keeps the whole family organized; plenty of room to write; over 300 stickers for marking events; thick paper to allow easy erasures
- Magnetic tab hanger makes calendar easy to use on fridge or on wall; unique page holder keeps pages open flat
- Monthly wall calendar is academic with 12 months from July - June with Julian dates. Perfect for teachers, administrators, parents and other professionals who prefer planning on this schedule.
- One month per page with ruled daily blocks measuring 1-1/2" x 2-1/4". Yellow quick notes writing area at the bottom of each page captures additional reminders and to-do's.
- Chipboard backing provides a firm writing surface. Printed on quality paper with a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste recycled material. Wirebound with hanging loop. 12" x 17" page size.
Last update on 2017-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API