Unfortunately, there are still a lot of myths and misunderstandings about online courses and degrees. To help you understand more about these programs, we are going to talk about some of the things you need to know in this article.
Online Programs Are More Affordable
A lot of people believe that online programs and degrees are more expensive, because they offer students benefits and extra flexibilities. This is actually not true for several reasons.
Universities don’t need to host classes, prepare buildings and other infrastructures, or provide supplies for the course when they are conducted online or remotely. Once the online learning platform is up – usually in a cloud server – students can always access their course materials or talk to lecturers directly.
The lack of overhead costs means online courses can be as much as 30% more affordable than their offline counterparts. In fact, some online programs are even more affordable than that.
Top Programs from Top Universities
You have the same choices of degrees and programs as you would when you apply for a brick-and-mortar course too. You can, for example, get the same accredited masters in business administration online from Villanova University. Your master’s degree is still an equally respected one and you will be able to pursue a better career once you have completed the course.
Top universities including Stanford, Harvard and Yale are also hosting their own online programs, with the same high standards and accreditation levels as their offline campuses. Although there are shady online universities on the market, you will be able to find the best course to join as long as you conducted your search properly.
Challenges and Flexibility
The one thing to keep in mind about pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree online is the fact that you can’t expect the course to be easier. In fact, you still have to give it your 100% in order to successfully complete the program.
The extra flexibility offered by online programs does allow you to be more relaxed with your pace and time management. You can still work a full-time job and spend an hour a day at night to study. Thinking that you can just study near the exam or skip it completely, however, is certainly a mistake.
Despite the misconceptions, online programs are becoming very popular these days. Even students who would normally join the university to study for a postgraduate program are now starting their own businesses or pursuing a career right away while taking their MBA online.
You too can take advantage of this new way of learning. Take your time to find a suitable program to join and make the first step towards completing the course and getting a degree you have always wanted.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U Processor (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit Display supporting Acer ColorBlast technology
- 4GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB 5400RPM HDD
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (Up to 3.1GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen Comfy View LED-backlit Display supporting Acer Color Blast technology
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of GDDR5 Video Memory
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- 15.6" Anti-Glare HD WLED Backlight Display 1366x 768 with Acer ComfyView Technology; HD Webcam
- Intel Celeron Dual Core N3060 1.6GHz boost up to 2.48GHz; 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB Flash SSD
Last update on 2017-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API